Short Annapurna Circuit Trek Itinerary
by Jayaram Thapaliya · Updated August 29, 2023
You have limited time for a holiday in Nepal but still want to explore the Annapurna Circuit? That’s completely possible. Although it usually takes two weeks to complete the trek around Annapurna, it can also be done within 8 to 10 days.
We can arrange a shortened version of trekking to Annapurna Circuit that can be completed in just 10 days. So, with 10 days available, you can still experience the beauty of the Annapurna Circuit in a shorter time frame. Hence in this post, we’ll highlight the SHORT ANNAPURNA CIRCUIT TREK ITINERARY with the 3 best options from Kathmandu to Kathmandu.
Option 1: The Cheapest option using Local Bus
This option is for those who want to do the Annapurna Circuit trek with a low budget. It is the cheapest option because on this option we will use local buses and shared jeeps.
Option 1 is best for those who want to do a budget Annapurna Circuit trek. Why is it the cheapest one?
In short, because of transportation costs. We will save our budget here as follows.
On the first day, we will use local buses to drive to Nadi, it is the cheapest available option to get to Nadi.
On the second day, we will use the sharing Jeep option to drive Dharapani which is also the cheapest available option.
Likewise on day 9, we will use the local bus from Muktinath to Pokhara. And on day 10, we will use a tourist bus that leaves from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
10 Days Cheapest plan Itinerary
- Day 1: Kathmandu to Nadi by Bus
- Day 2: Nadi to Dharapani by sharing Jeep and trek to Chame
- Day 3: Chame to Upper Pisang
- Day 4: Upper Pisang to Manang
- Day 5: Explore Manang
- Day 6: Manang to YakKharka
- Day 7: Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi
- Day 8: Thorong Phedi to Muktinath
- Day 9: Muktinath to Pokhara by Bus
- Day 10:Pokhara to Kathmandu by Bus
Option 2: The Cheaper plan using Private Transportation
Option 2 is more comfortable trekking to Annapurna Circuit than option 1. Here we will use private transport to finish the trek within 10 days from Kathmandu.
10 days Annapurna Circuit Trek itinerary using private transportation
- Day 1: Kathmandu to Besisahar by Car and Drive to Dharapani Day 2: Dharapani to Chame
- Day 3: Chame to Pisang
- Day 4: Pisang to Manang
- Day 5: Acclimatization at Manang
- Day 6: Yak Kharka
- Day 7: Thorong Phedi
- Day 8: Thorong Phedi to Muktinath via Thorong La
- Day 9: Muktinath to Pokhara by Jeep
- Day 10: Kathmandu by Tourist Bus or Car
Option 3: Luxury plan using flight and Private Transportation for 10 days Annapurna Circuit Trek
Option 3 of the short Annapurna Circuit Trek 10-day plan is more expensive than option 1 and option 2. It is for those who want to travel with a flexible budget. Though it is more expensive than other available options, it makes a more comfortable journey. You will save 2 days by taking a flight from Jomsom to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu. These 2 days you can use these for trekking to get more acclimatization.
Short Annapurna Circuit 10 days Trek with Luxury Plan
- Day 1: Drive to Besisahar by Car and drive to Chamjey by Jeep
- Day 2: Chamje to Chame by Jeep
- Day 3: Trek to Chame
- Day 4 : Chame to Pisang
- Day 5: Pisang to Ngwal
- Day 6 : Ngwal to Manang
- Day 7: Trek to Yakkhaka
- Day 8 : Trek to Thorong Phedi
- Day 9 : Thorong Phedi to Muktinath Via Thorong La
- Day 10: Drive to Jomsom and take a flight Jomsom-Pokhara and Pokhara-Kathmandu
We’ve highlighted the best 3 itineraries regarding 10 days trek to Annapurna Circuit. Keep in mind, all of this itineraries are altitude friendly itinerary. Because you’ll walk normal trekking hours each day and we also have an acclimatization day at Manang.
We will spend at least 2 days before reaching Chame in order to acclimatize. So you can choose one of the options among the 3 alternatives.
Though it has 10 days itinerary, it is not difficult to trek than a classical trek. Indeed, we will escape remarkable parts of begins and ends of trek but we will not miss major highlight of trek.
Let me know what you think about the Short Annapurna Circuit trek with a 10 days itinerary.