The Manaslu Circuit Trek offers trekkers a massive Himalayas panoramic view. It is relatively less crowded than Annapurna and Everest Trekking.
In 1991 AD, Manaslu Region was opened for trekking. It is the 8th tallest mountain of the World. The upper part of Manaslu is located at the border of Tibet.
Manaslu Circuit is getting popular day by day like trek to Mardi Himal. We can see stunning views of Mt Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Annapurna II, Shringi Himal, and many more mountains.
There are lots of mountains which are still unnamed till today. When you exit from Manaslu Circuit Area, you can do also Annapurna Circuit trek.
Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek
The Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek is combined trek of 2 restricted areas trekking. In 21 days, we can do Manaslu Circuit with Tsum Valley trek. This trek gives opportunity to see Mt Manaslu ranges as well as the hidden town Tsum Valley.
Getting there and away
The distance of Kathmandu to Sotikhola is around 142km(80 miles). To Pass this distance you can choose private Jeep or Local Bus.If you wish to go by Jeep, then it will be more comfortable and fast reach to our destination. It takes around 6 hours by Jeep to reach Sotikhola, if there is no traffic jam or road construction. You can stop the jeep as you want on the way.
But the Public Bus takes around 8 hours and it will go only Arughat. They stop on some place for Food and toilets. On the bus their will more local people than tourist. Bus driver used to play Music on loud voice. You need to sacrifice all variares which will arise during driving.
How to back from MCT ?
From Dharapani, you can reserve or hire a Jeep to Besisahar. There will be lots of vehicles to come back kathmandu. You can get Micro bus, Car, Local Bus and Touristbus also.
Manaslu Circuit Itinerary
We can make the Manaslu itinerary in between 12 days to 21 days. The 12 days and 14 days itinerary is for Short Manaslu Circuit Trek. Here I’ve made 12 and 14 days itinerary . For Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Hiking, 21 days will require.
What are the Highlights ?
- Experience Hindu and Tibetain mix Buddhist culture.
- Protected Manaslu wildlife.
- More than dozen of peaks which are higher than 6000m
- Beautiful Budhi Gandaki rivers.
- stunning Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and Annapuran scenery
- Larke Pass( 5,125)
- Hike to Manaslu Base Camp to see 8th tallest peak in the world (8,156 m)
Manaslu Trek Permit
Since Manaslu is the restricted trekking region of Nepal, you need to buy special permits for trekking. At least 2 person must have to get Manaslu Permit. It means solo trekkers can’t get the permit by individually. But they can do join a trekking with others trekkers so that he/she can get permit.
1096 per person
See Group Discount
|No. of people||Price P.P|
|3 -5||US$ 1046|
|6 – 14||US$ 1006|
|1st||Drive from Kathmandu city to Soti Khola via Arughat Sotikhola||700m||10 hours|
|2nd||Soti Khola to Machha Khola||920m||6 hr|
|3rd||Machha Khola to Jagat||1410m||7 hr|
|4th||Jagat to Deng||1802m||7 H|
|5th||Deng – Namrung||2620m||6 – 7 hr|
|6th||Namrung – Samagaon||3530m||8 hr|
|7th||Samagaon to Pungyen gompa back to Samagaon||same||7 – 8 hr|
|8th||Samagaon to Samdo||3860m||4 hr|
|9th||Samdo to Dharamsala||4460m||5 hr|
|10th||Dharamsala to Bimthang via Larke La||3720m||10 hr|
|11th||Bimthang to Tilije||2300m||6 hr|
|12th||Tilije to Tal||1700m||7-8 hr|
|13th||Tal to Syange||1100m||6 hr|
|14th||Drive to Kathmandu||1300m||8 hr|
- Private transfers for your international flight 2 times (arrival/ departure).
- Kathmandu to Sotikhola by Local Bus.
- 1 nights Tourist standard Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu to Sotikhola by Local Bus (upgrade to private Jeep – $200 total)
- Syangey to Besisahar by Sharing Jeep (upgrade to private Jeep – $80 total)
- Besisahar to Kathmandu by Local Bus (upgrade to private Jeep – $200 total)
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during mention trekking days.
- Manaslu & Annapurna conservation area permit
- Manaslu Restricted area permit ( USD 100 per person for Restricted trekking Zone )
- Experienced English speaking license holder local guide for 14 days.
- 1 strong porter for on the basis of 2 guests for 14 days.
- Guide and Porter’s food, accommodation, insurance and necessary ground transportation.
- First Aids Kit.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Any types of Drinks and Bar Bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected).
- Any other things which are not mentioned above.
Price and Dates
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|May 4, 2020||May 17, 2020||USD 1,096||Guaranteed|
|2 June, 2020||June 15, 2020||USD 1,096||Guaranteed|
Guaranteed – Trip is Guaranteed to RUN.
Available – Trip is available to run if minimum group size is filled.
Limited – Only few space available
Wonderful Manaslu Circuit Trek 14 days!!
With a group of 3 people we did the Manaslu Circuit in 12 days. Jayaram with his agency( Base Camp Hike) gave us all the necessary permits, the jeep for transport to Machhakhola, great guide and the strong porters. The service was punctual and efficient. I highly recommend Base Camp Hike for MANASLU TREK.
How long is the manaslu trek?
The total distance of Manaslu Circuit is approx 177km. In the past, there was no road access to Manaslu Hiking Areas as well as Annapurna Circuit ( Dharapani to Besisahar).
So at that time we should do the whole Manaslu Circuit. It’s called Classical Manaslu Circuit. The duration of CLASSICAL MANASLU Circuit is 17 days which starts from Aarughat and ends at Besisahar.
Nowadays you can do customized routes. In 10 days, ( Starts from Sotikhola and Trek Ends at Dharapani). But in 11 days you can ends trek at Chamche.
Rest day and side trips make a trip long on MT.
Here is the shortest itinerary.
- 10 days (Kathmandu-SotiKhola-Dharapani-Kathmandu )
- 11 days (KTM-SotiKhola-Dharapani-Besisahar-Kathmandu )
Choose 3 of 1 Manaslu route which is more suitable for you.
Can we do it in 12 days?
12 days Manaslu circuit trek
Here is a 12 days itinerary of MCT.
- 1st Day: Kathmandu to Soti Khola
- 2nd Day: Maccha Khola
- 3rd Day: Jagat
- 4th Day: Deng
- 5th Day: Namrung
- 6th Day: Samagaon
- 7th Day: Samagaon to Pungyen gompa. Stay at Samagaon
- 8th Day: Samdo
- 9th Day: Dharamsala
- 10th Day: Dharamsala to Bhimthang vai Larke La
- 11th Day: Dharapani
- 12 th: Dharapani to Kathmandu by Drive
How difficult is the Manaslu trek?
For the beginners trekkers,it is difficult to do Larkey La(5,125m). 3 nights above 4000m, which is not an easy trek. But if you are an experienced hiker, you can do this hike.
Can we get Vegetarian food or non vegetarian food?
Every 3 to 4 hours walk, you’ll geet launch spot. You can order meals according to your wish which are available on the menu. Vegetarian and Nonvegetarian both types of meal, you’ll get on Around Manaslu Hiking.
If you use water purification then it will be a great contribution to make a plastic free environment.
When is the best time for Manaslu Circuit Trek?
Since we should pass Larkya La(5,125) to do Manaslu Trek, it’s wiseful to choose the best time. If you’re wondering about when to go Manaslu Trek then your answer is the following.
During winter time From Samagauon to Bhimthang, you’ll find it difficult to trek due to cold temperatures.
So expect wintertime, we can do Manaslu trek but for the best weather March to April and September to December is the best season for Manaslu Hiking.
Manaslu Hiking in December:
December is the winter season in Nepal. Even though there is no snow on the trail in December, cold temperatures make the trek hard. In the morning and evening when you’re in the hotel, you’ll feel very cold in December at Mt.Manaslu Hiking.
What types of hotels can we get?
At the beginning phase of this trai, it is compulsory to Camping trek. Because there was no Teahouse. But slowly local people made teahouses. Nowadays you can get a room with two single beds. Some places they also made rooms with inside toilets. It looks simple but it is neat and clean.
Before go to sleep , you can sit in a warm dining hall. Hotel to firehood heating system to make dining hall warm.
Nowadays they are improving their teahouse. Hotel owners are concenerning to improve the quality of Teahouses.
Can we get WIFI everywhere?
No. Only some places you’ll get WIFI.
Do we need a guide for Manaslu Trek?
Yes, you must have a local license holder guide.
Can I get only guide for Manaslu Trek?
Sure. If you want to get only a local guide for Manaslu, we Base Camp Hike Pvt Ltd is always welcome to you. Being Manslu trek is restricted areas, you must have Nepali License Holder Trekking Guide.
Sure, you can do Manaslu Guide Hire.The best thing of us is we have some local expert guide of Manslu Region. If you wish to have MCT local expert guides then contact Base Camp Hike.
Package Name: Manaslu Circuit
You can send your inquiry via the form below