Island peak(Known as Imja Tse) climbing is a widespread trekking peak in Nepal. Upward the Island Peak is relatively easier than other trekking peaks. Compared to other trekking peaks in Nepal, Island peak is difficult to climb. But our team is expert as they climbed Imja Tse(Island Peak) several times.
In 1956, an expedition team of Everest climbed the Island Peak first as Everest Submit practices.
It was first climbed in 1956 by an expedition team that was preparing to climb the peak of peaks or Mount Everest. Although the summit of this peak is a difficult climb after submitted, climbers get supreme mountain views of Makalu (8,481 m), and Ama Dablam (6,856). The descent is comparatively easier and faster than the ascent.
This climbing journey offers some of the most prominent nature in the Khumbu via the charming village of Dingboche.
You’ll get comfortable lodge accommodation while Trekking to the Base Camp of Inland Peak. While we reached no lodge, our team managed a best-tented camp during the whole climbing period.
You can check out our fixed itinerary for Island Peak Climbing or just send us an email regarding your climbing preferences.
- Get yourself at an altitude of 6,189 m/20,305 ft
- Everest Base Camp
- Kala Pattar
- Island Peak
Total Trip Price (USD)1998 per person
17 Days Island Peak Climbing Itinerary
|Day 1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1,300m/4,264ft||NA|
|Day 2||Trip Preparation||NA||NA|
|Day 3||FLight to Lukla and Trekking to Phakding||2,652m/8,700ft||25 mintute flight and 4 Hour trek|
|Day 4||Namche Bazaar||3,440m/11,286ft||5-6 hr|
|Day 5||Acclimatization Day||3,440m/11,286ft||5 hr|
|Day 6||Namche Bazaar to Tengboche||3,867m/12,687feet||6 hr|
|Day 7||Trek to Pheriche||4,250m/13,950 feet||5 hr|
|Day 8||Pheriche to Lobuche||4,930m/16,175 feet||6 hr|
|Day 9||Lobuche to Gorak Shep and visit Everest Base Camp (5364m/17,594ft)||5170m /16,962 feet||7-8|
|Day 10||Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5545m/18,192ft) and back to Lobuche||4,350m/14,272 feet||7-8 hr|
|Day 11||Dingboche to island peak base camp.||5,150m/16,896 ft||5 hr|
|Day 12||Reserve Day( In case of bad weather)||NA||NA|
|Day 13||summit of Island Peak (6,189 m/20,305 ft)) and back to Chhukung||4,700 m./ 15,420 ft||10 hr|
|Day 14||Chukung to Namche||3,440m/11,286ft||8 hr|
|Day 15||Nache to Lukla||2,840 m./ 9,317 ft.||7-8 hr|
|Day 16||Lukla – Kathmandu||1,300m/4,264ft||35 minutes flight 40 minutes drive|
|Day 17||Final Departure||NA||NA|
How much does cost to Island Peak?
Base Camp Hike offers a cheap Island climbing package for climbers at 2,198 USD up to 2021/07/14.
- Airport Pickup and Pick off private vehicles.
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- 2 nights accommodation in Thamel, Kathmandu
- Tented accommodation during the climb
- All meals (B, L, D)) during the trek and climb
- Flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Experienced trekking guide, climbing guide (leader) and assistant guides
- Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff expenses including their salary, wages, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Duffel bag for trekking and climbing
- Trekking Permits, Climbing Permits, and other necessary official works
- Tents and Kitchen Utensils for camping
- Climbing equipment
- Medical kit
- Nepal Government and local taxes and company service