Base Camp Hike offers you 7 Days Mohare Danda Trek which takes you to the peaceful off beaten path in Annapurna’s foothills. During the Mohare trekking, you can see marvellous Himalayas, clear rivers and forests of Oaks, Rhododendron, Bamboo and Pine.
Trek to Mohare Danda is also known as Eco-Community Lodge trek. This trail is a newly discovered trekking route in the Annapurna section to promote sustainable eco-tourism in Nepal. As it is community lodge trek, this small community project plays a vital role to upliftment of the lifestyle of local inhabitants. In a few years time, the Mohare Danda Trek is recognized as the best Community Lodge Trekking Trail.
Where is Mohare Danda Trek?
The Mohare Danda( Hill) is a hill station which is located at 3300m from sea level near the Poon Hill. from Mohare Hill Station one can see the closest view of massive mount Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. Like Poon Hill, you can see beautiful sunrises and sunsets from Mohare Danda over the eye-catching Himalayas. We can consider it as the best alternate trekking trail for those who want to skip the bustling Ghorepani Poon Hill.
Why you love Mohare Danda Hike?
The trek takes you to the beautiful Magar village(Nangi) which is famous all over the world for Lokta paper production. The Lokta paper is commonly known as Nepali paper.
During the back from Mohare Danda, the trek goes to the picturesque village of Ghandruk. From Ghandruk you’ll see the astonishing view of Annapurna South (7219m) and Machhapuchhre (6993m).
- Mohare Danda Trek is superior to Poon Hill as it is the beaten trail.
- Great panoramic view of Mount Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalaya Range.
- Best eco Community lodges trek with a friendly environment with great hospitality and experience.
- Mohare danda is the Best viewpoint for Stunning sunrise and Sunset.
- Taste the local lifestyle of Kaski, Pokhara.
575 per person
See Group Discount
|No. of people||Price P.P|
|1 – 1||US$ 575|
|2 – 6||US$ 540|
|6 +||US$ 510|
7 Days Mohare Danda Trek Itinerary
|Day 1||Drive to Pokhara||830m/7544 ft||8 hr|
|Day 2||Drive to Galeshwor (1170m) & trek to Bans Kharka||1450m||6 hr|
|Day 3||Trek to Naangi||2250m||7 hr|
|Day 4||Trek to Mohare Danda||3300m||6 hr|
|Day 5||Trek to Banthanti||2310m/7,578ft||5 hr|
|Day 6||Banthanti to Ghandruk village||1,940m/6365ft||5hr|
|Day 7||Trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara||884m/2900ft||6hr|
Detailed Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1 : Drive to Pokhara
The total distance from Kathmandu to Pokhara is 200km and it takes 8 hours to reach there by tourist bus.
From Sundarijal, the trail heads up to the concrete steps beside the pipeline which supply drinking water for the Kathmandu valley. The first settlement that we get today is Mulkharka ( a village inhabited by the Tamang people). Then we’ll walk along the ridge through a forest of oaks and Rhododendron( Shivapuri National Park) to Chisopani.
Overnight at Chisapani-Hotel
Day 2 : Drive to Galeshwor and trek to Bans Kharka
You’ll drive to Galeshowr from Pokhara by Microbus after breakfast in the Hotel. It takes approx 4 hours to reach Galeshwor.
On the way to Galeshwor we can have lunch. From Galeshwor, we’ll begin our hike to Bans Kharka. The way is up so we’ll cimb 3 hours to get to Banskharka. Overnight at Banskharka.
Day 3Trek to Naangi
We’ll trek along beautiful villages with stunning mountain views and great landscapes. At Nagi, you can visit organic farm school.
Day 4 : Naangi to Mohare Danda
We traverse through beautiful forests where we can see Oak and Rhododendrons trees. Approx 7 hours walk from Banskharka, we’ll reach Mohare Danda.
At Mohare Danda, you’ll get an amazing sunset and sunrise over the giant Himalayas such as Dhaulagiri Ranges and Annapurnas with more than 10 peaks which are snowcapped. Evening in Mohare Danda is complemented with a glorious sunset view from Mohare Hill Station. Overnight at Mohared Danda
Day 5: Trek to Banthanti
For sunrise view, we should wake up early in the morning in Mohare Hill. After sunrise we’ll take breakfast and trek to Deaurali. On the way , we’ll reach Ghorepani and from Ghorepani we will continue to Banthanti. This day’s duration of walk will be approx 7 hours.
Day 6 : Birethanti to Ghandruk village
From Banthanti, you’ll descend 30 minutes up to the River. Around 1 hours climb from the river, we’ll reach Tadapani. 3 hours descending from Tadapani, we’ll reach Ghandruk. 6th night stay at Ghandruk
From the Bazaar, we catch a bus to Kathmandu. To celebrate the successful completion of the Helamu trip, we will have a farewell dinner. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 7 : Trek to Nayapul( 4 hour) and drive to Pokhara hotel( 2 hour)
Today is the last day of Mohare trek. After breakfast at Ghandruk, we ascend to Nayapul which takes approx 5 hours by trekking. Then we’ll see beautiful villages and farmlands.
After reaching Nayapul, we’ll drive to Pokhara by using a private cab.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu city inclusive breakfast.
- All the airport and hotel transfer as per the itinerary.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Pokhara city inclusive breakfast.
- All the ground transport as per require.
- Annapurna region trekking permits and TIMS card fees.
- 5 nights twins lodges accommodation on trek.
- An experienced trekking guide for the trek.
- Sleeping bags to use for the trek. (Should return after the trek)
- First aid medical box.
- Welcome dinner at a local Nepalese restaurant with a cultural dance show.
- An appreciation certificate after trip completion.
- International flight ticket and Nepal Entry Visa
- Personal travel insurance (Which should include coverage for trekking).
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu, except the farewell dinner.
- Personal gear for trekking (Including any you may wish to hire in Kathmandu), any personal expenses (i.e. soft and alcoholic drinks, snacks etc.)
- All other things which are not mentioned in Includes.
Q. What types of lodges are available on Mohare Danda excursions ?
Tea House and Community based Lodge are available during Mohare Danda excursion.
Q. When is the best time to visit Mohare Danda?
March to June and September to December.
Q. Do I need prior experience or physical exercise before a trip?
No need. It’s easy to hike to Mulde.
Package Name: Mohare Danda Trek
You can send your inquiry via the form below