The Khopra Ridge Trek is one of the remarkable off the beaten hiking trail in Nepal. If you are looking for the best short trekking in Nepal, trek to Khopra Ridge with Khayar Lake Hike can be optimal holidays in Nepal. As it is lies in Annapurna Region, we can aslo say one of the finest trek route of Annapurna, in terms of scientific mountain views.
Before knowing more things about trekking to Khopra Ridge, here is some words that might creat confuse.
- Khopra Ridge and Khopra Danda are two different names of same place. Here you should know DANDA is translated words to Nepali Languge of English “Ridge” Word. Local used to pronounce Khopra Ridge where as mostly tourists pronounced Khopra Ridge
- KHAYAR LAKE : Khayar Lake is holy lake which is located 4700m at bottom of Annapurna South. It is optional hiking from Khopra Ridge. Here I am saying optional hiking because it is tough days hikes as it takes around 11 hours with high altitude hiking. Those who don’t have previous hiking eperience and strong physical fitness, it is not suitable for them. But keep in mind, you’ll not miss views if you excluding Khayar Lake Hike. Views from Khopra Ridge is phenominal.
From Khopra Danda you’ll see a massive mountain range with closest view. There is only one Community Lodge on the Khopra Danda till now but others add on the way to building process. So during the peak trekking season in Nepal, it’s difficult to get a room for solo travelers as well as a group if we don’t make reseravation before at least 1 weeks ago.
Khayar Lake Hike: Optional day hike from Danda
It is a long journey which takes around 10 – 11 hours to go and back if there is no snow on the way to Khayar Lake. On the midway, there is a small tea shop where we can get some basic foods as well as hot drinks. Normally at main trekking season March to May and September to December, we can hike khayar lake without problems but during winter season and at the time of bad weather we can’t hike lake. Because it takes much more time to walk over the snow and way is pretty dangerous to walk over the snow. Till now it’s popular for local people of Khopra Area as holy places.
Especially Khayar Lake is popular for local people because local used to worship theier. At side of Khayar Lake there is temple where local used to go for worships.
We can say trekking to Khopra is alternative trekking trail of Most popular short Ghorepani Poon Hill. Because from this route you’ll have a closer view of mountains than Poon Hill. If you want to avoid more tourist areas Khopra Ridge can be your best choice.
Khopra Trekking is the best hike route due to outstanding views of More than 10 peaks from Khopra Danda, we can say Khopra Danda trek is the best short hiking in Annapurna. In terms of altitude easy to moderate difficult treks. As we stay one night at Khopra Danda(3,660m) and for Khayar Lake you should hike up to 4800m. Khayar Lake hike makes this trip more adventurous. If you want to see Annapurna South just close your eyes and want to explore Khayar Lake, you should hike from Khopra Danda to Khayar Lake.
This trail was opened a few years ago to explore the hidden beauty of the Annapurna Region.
If you do this trek then you can see astonishing views of 2 major Mountains of Nepal. They are:
Besides Annapurna and Dhaulagiri major mountain you will other popular peaks such as Tukuche, Dhampus Peak, Nilgiri, Hiunchuli, and Fishtail. In Khopra Danda and Chistibung places, they have community system lodges. So this trail is also called the Khopra Community Lodges trek. The good thing is the profit from those two places hotel goes to social works like school education in those areas.
During the trek to Khopra Ridge Trekking, you’ll see fabulous views of major peaks such as Mount Annapurna, Mount Dhaulagiri, Mount Machhapuchhre(Fishtail), Nilgiri and Tukuche as well. Your journey to Khopra Ridge will move forward through the most popular short trekking Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek. Rhododendron forests, beautiful farmlands, and an amazing landscape makes more remarkable trekking.
Let’s dive right into the topic of your interest in The Khopra Trek brought you by Base Camp Hike.
For the Route map of Khopra, here is Khopra Google Maps.
The highlight of the trek
Let’s dive into some reasons that you need to do Khopra trekking.
- Panoramic views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalayas with closer distance.
- Mesmerizing Sunrise and Sunset over Mt.Dhaulagiri and Mt.Annapurna
- Amazing landscape with Rhododendron forests and lush vegetation.
- Off the beaten trek from where you can get a real taste of nature and free from crowd environment.
- Explore Khayar lake( Holy Lake) with stunning mountain scenery.
- Experience the Gurung’s and Magar’s typical villages lifestyle
- Get 180-degree mountain views from Mulde ViewPoint.
695 per personSee Group Discount
|No. of people||Price P.P|
|1 – 1||US$ 695|
|2 – 5||US$ 630|
|6 – 9||US$ 600|
|10 +||US$ 580|
|1st||Kathmandu to Pokhara (Drive)||830 m||7 hr|
|2nd||Pokhara – Ghandruk – Tadapani||2760||7 hr|
|3rd||Tapani to Dobato||3,440m||7 hr|
|4th||Dobato to Khopra Danda||3660 m||8 hr|
|5th||Hike to Khayar Lake( Optional Rest at Khopra Danda)||4,680 m||10 hr|
|6th||Khopra Danda to Swanta Village||2200m||7 hr|
|7th||Swanta village to Ghorepani||2850m||6 hr|
|8th||Ghorepani to Tikhedungha via Poon Hill||1540||7 hr|
|9th||Trek to Nayapul and Drive to Pokhara||800m||5 hr|
|10th||Back to Kathmandu||1300m||7-8 hr|
- Private transfers for your international flight 2 times (arrival/ departure).
- Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu by Tourist Bus.
- 2 nights of Tourist standard Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu.
- 1-night Tourist standard Hotel accommodation in Pokhara.
- Pokhara to Ghandruk by Local Bus
- Nayapul to Pokhara by Private Taxi
- Meals During Trekking: B, L, D
- Khopra Trekking Permit
- Experienced Local Guide for 10 days.
- 1 strong porter for on the basis of 2 guests for 10 days.
- All expenses related to Guide and Porter
- First Aids Kit.
- Duffel Bag.
- Seasonal Fruits
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
Price and Dates
The Khopra Ridge Trek Package costs USD 695 per person for 10 days. It is the cost from Ktm to Ktm with a normal plan. If you want to get higher service than the cost cover you can get a luxury Khora trekking package. Likewise, if you are traveling with a tight budget you can join in a group to share guide and porter cost.
|Start Date||Start Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|17 Oct 2020||27 Oct 2020||USD 695||Guaranteed|
|2 Oct 2020||12 Oct 2020||USD 695||Guaranteed|
Guaranteed – Trip is Guaranteed to RUN.
Available – Trip is available to run if minimum group size is filled
Limited – Only a few spaces available
How long does it take for the Khayar-Khopra hike?
You can do Khayar-Khopra trek for a minimum of 6 days and you can extend it up to 14 days. If you wish to do this trail including Ghorepani Poon Hill Plus Tatopani then it takes around 10 days. But if we want to do this trek within 5 to 7 days, we should escape either Ghorepani Part or Tatopani Part.
What is the Option Route for Khopra?
There are two main routes to do Khopra Trekking. One, you can do something similar like Poon Hill up to Deurali. But From Deurali we will go through a narrow way to Dobato. The Dobato is one of the popular points of Khopra Ridge.
The other way(two) is you can go to Nayapul to Tadapani. And the next morning Tadapani to Bayeli Kharka.
How to Get There and Away?
First, you should either fly or drive to Pokhara. Afterward, the next morning you can take a taxi from Pokhara to Ghandruk. Or if you choose the route from Ghorepani poon Hill then drive Pokhara-Nayapul.