The Khopra Ridge Trek is the best off the beaten hiking trail in Nepal. If you are looking for best short trekking in Nepal, trek to Khopra Ridge with Khayar Lake Hike is the Best Choice. This is the best short trekking near the Pokhara, in terms of scientific mountain views.
Khopra Danda is Nepali word for Khopra Ridge. From this point, you’ll see a massive mountain range with a closer view. It is situated at 3660m (11,000 ft) from the sea level. There is only one Community Lodge on the Khopra Danda. So during the meantime, it’s difficult to get a room for solo travelers as well as a group. Due to the tourist flow increase, now local people are going to add some more guesthouses to those places.
Khayar Lake: Optional Hike from Khopra Ridge
At the bottom of Annapurna South, there is a holy lake which is called Khayar Lake. Till now it’s popular for local people of Khopra Area as holy places.
Khayar Lake is not big in areas but it’s beautiful. It’s located at 4,800 m altitude. From Khopra Danda, it takes approx 10 hours to go and back. On the midway, there is a small tea shop where we can get some basic foods as well as hot drinks.
Khopra Ridge Trek
Khayar Lake and Khopra Danda are other 2 renowned names of Khopra Ridge trekking.
We can say alternative trekking trail of Most popular short Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek. Because from this route you’ll have a closer view of mountains than Poon Hill. If you want to avoid more tourist areas Khopra Ridge can be your best choice.
Khopra Trekking is the best hike route due to outstanding views of More than 10 peaks from Khopra Danda, we can say Khopra Danda trek is the best short hiking in Annapurna. In terms of altitude easy to moderate difficult treks. As we stay one night at Khopra Danda(3,660m) and for Khayar Lake you should hike up to 4800m. Khayar Lake hike makes this trip more adventurous. If you want to see Annapurna South just close your eyes and want to explore Khayar Lake, you should hike from khora Danda to Khayar Lake.
This trail was opened a few years ago to explore the hidden beauty of Annapurna Region.
If you do this trek then you can see astonishing views of 2 major Mountains of Nepal.They are:
Besides Annapurna and Dhaulagiri major mountain you will other popular peaks sucha as Tukuche, Dhampus Peak, Nilgiri, Hiunchuli and Fishtail. In Khopra Danda and Chistibung places , they have community system lodges. So this trail is also called Khopra Community Lodges trek .The good things is profit from that two places hotel goes to social works like school education of that areas.
During the trek to Khopra Ridge Trekking , you’ll see fabulous views of major peaks such as Mount Annapurna, Mount Dhaulagiri, Mount Machhapuchhre(Fishtail), Nilgiri and Tukuche as well. Your journey to Khopra Ridge will move forward through the most popular short trekking Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek. Rhododendron forests, beautiful farmlands, and an amazing landscape makes more remarkable trekking.
Let’s dive right in the topic of your interest in The Khopra Trek brought you by Base Camp Hike.
For the Route map of Khopra, here is Google Maps.
Highlight of the trek
Let’s dive into some reasons that you need to do Khopra trekking.
- Panoramic views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalayas with closer distance.
- Mesmerizing Sunrise and Sunset over Mt.Dhaulagiri and Mt.Annapurna
- Amazing landscape with Rhododendron forests and lush vegetation.
- Off the beaten trek from where you can get real taste of nature and free from croud environment.
- Explore Khayar lake( Holy Lake) with stunning mountain scenery.
- Experience the Gurung’s and Magar’s typical villages lifestyle
- Get 180 degree mountains views from Mulde ViewPoint.
695 per person
See Group Discount
|No. of people||Price P.P|
|1 – 1||US$ 695|
|2 – 2||US$ 680|
|7 – 9||US$ 640|
|10 – 16||US$ 600|
|1st||Kathmandu to Pokhara (Drive)||830 m||7 hr|
|2nd||Pokhara – Ghandruk – Tadapani||2760||7 hr|
|3rd||Tadpani to Dobato||3,440m||7 hr|
|4th||Dobato to Khopra Danda||3660 m||8 hr|
|5th||Hike to Khayar Lake( Optional Rest at Khopra Danda)||4,680 m||10 hr|
|6th||Khopra Danda to Swanta Village||2200m||7 hr|
|7th||Swanta village to Ghorepani||2850m||6 hr|
|8th||Ghorepani to Tikhedungha via Poon Hill||1540||7 hr|
|9th||Trek to Nayapul and Drive to Pokhara||800m||5 hr|
|10th||Back to Kathmandu||1300m||7-8 hr|
- Private transfers for your international flight 2 times (arrival/ departure).
- Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu by Tourist Bus.
- 2 nights Tourist standard Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu.
- 1 nights Tourist standard Hotel accommodation in Pokhara.
- Pokhara to Ghandruk by Local Bus
- Nayapul to Pokhara by Private Taxi
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during mention trekking days.
- ACAP Permit and TIMS Card
- Experienced English speaking license holder local guide for 10 days.
- 1 strong porter for on the basis of 2 guests for 10 days.
- Guide and Porter’s food, accommodation, insurance and necessary ground transportation.
- First Aids Kit.
- Duffel Bag.
- Seasonal Fruits
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Any types of Drinks and Bar Bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected).
- Any other things which are not mentioned above.
Price and Dates
The Khopra Ridge Trek Package cost USD 695 per person for 10 days. It is the cost from Ktm to Ktm with a normal plan. If you want to get higher service than the cost cover you can get a luxury Khora trekking package. Likewise if you are travelling with a tight budget you can join in a group to share guide and porter cost.
|Start Date||Start Date||Price||Availbility||Booking|
|17 March, 2020||27 March, 2020||USD 695||Guaranteed|
|2 April, 2020||12 April, 2020||USD 695||Guaranteed|
Guaranteed – Trip is Guaranteed to RUN.
Available – Trip is available to run if minimum group size is filled
Limited – Only few space available
How long does it take for the Khayar-khopra hike ?
You can do Khayar-Khopra trek for a minimum 6 days and you can extend it up to 14 days. If you wish to do this trail including Ghorepani Poon Hill Plus Tatopani then it takes around 10 days. But if we want to do this trek within 5 to 7 days, we should escape either Ghorepani Part or Tatopani Part.
What is the Option Route for Khopra?
There are two main routes to do Khopra Trekking. One, you can do something similar like Poon Hill up to Deurali. But From Deurali we will go through a narrow way to Dobato. The Dobato is one of the popular points of Khopra Ridge.
The other way(two) is you can go Nayapul to Tadapani. And the next morning Tadapani to Bayeli Kharka.
How to Get There and Away ?
First you should either fly or drive to Pokhara. Afterward, the next morning you can take a taxi from Pokhara to Ghandruk. Or if you choose the route from Ghorepani poon Hill then drive Pokhara-Nayapul.
Pacakge Name: Khopra Ridge Trek
You can send your inquiry via the form below