The Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek is an alternate to reach the base camp of Kanchenjunga mountains. Known as the queen of the Great, the Kanchenjunga is the 3rd highest mountain in the world.
The word Kanchenjunga derives from the Tibetan word referring to “Five great treasures in the snow”. It symbolizes its 5 peaks as gold, silver, precious stones, grain, and holy scriptures. This mountain is located at the border of Nepal and India.
As Kanchenjunga Base Camp hike is less crowded, trekkers can enjoy nature and they can get a real taste of the Himalayas. So the Kanchenjunga trekking has many good reviews. The airport and roads facility is far from Kanchenjunga. That’s why it is a remote trek in Nepal. Because of remoteness, only a few tourists make trips there.
After the exploration of Kanchenjunga, you’ll know more about the culture and lifestyle of Rai and Limbu communities. As we will trek to the northern base camp at Pang Pema 5,140m/ 16,863ft, it gives you the best vantage points of the Kanchenjunga region.
The Kanchenjunga trek is located in the far north-eastern corner of Nepal. This trekking is considered as one of the most beautiful mountains in the world. This adventure journey is a chance to reach the base camp of the world’s 3rd highest mountain. As Kanchenjunga Trekking is an unspoiled trekking trail in eastern Nepal, it can be best for peace lovers.
What to see in Kanchenjunga Base Camp?
Trekking in the Kanchenjunga rewards the most beautiful mountain vistas. We’ll see the best views of Mt. Kanchenjunga, Jannu Himal, Rohtang, and Kabru and Mt. Makalu.
On the trek, we will pass through the protected areas of the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area. We can see several wildlife and birds like pheasant, dragon, snow leopard, black bear, red panda, etc. The trek route passes through Himalayan coniferous forests, alpine shrubs, meadows, and grasslands. The natural beauty is mesmerizing! The trail is culturally rewarding. Along the
route, we will encounter mixed cultures, ethnic communities, and tribes.
Till some years ago trek to Kanchenjunga was fully organized Camping trek but nowadays most of the places locals established teahouses. But some places, no teahouses. So the journey to Kanchenjunga is a mix of teahouse and camping trek.
What view can we expect from Kanchenjunga Journey?
Though it is a challenging and worthwhile trek, it is an underrated trek in Nepal. Thus, Kanchenjunga adventure tour is best for peace lover trekkers as well as the trekker who wants to take a challenging trip in Nepal.
Why Trek to Kanchenjunga Base Camp?
If you love remote trekking and want to experience the Himalayas, trekking to the Kanchenjunga is for you. There is no less natural attraction in this region than other popular Everest, Manaslu, and Annapurna.
Even Though it is the 3rd tallest mountain in the world it is very less demanded by trekkers. The one and the only reason is the remoteness of this Kanchenjunga Region.
- Stunning views of 3rd tallest peak on the worth( Mt. Kanchenjunga), Mera Peak, Mt. Jannu, and many others
- Taste the sight of Eastern Nepal which is known as remote parts of Nepal
- Kanchenjunga Conservation Area where you’ll see musk deer, snow leopard, blue sheep
- It is a chance to sleep on the base camp of the third highest peak
- Alternate trail of Makalu Base Camp and Dhaulagiri Circuit
See Group Discount
|No. of people||Price P.P|
|7 +||US$ 2,110|
24 Days Kanchenjunga Base Camp Itinerary
|Days||Itinerary||Altitude in ft||Hour|
|Day 1||Kathmandu to Bhadrapur (Flight)||91m||45 minutes|
|Day 2||Drive to Taplejung||1441 meter (4730 feet)||9-10 hour|
|Day 3||Taplejung to Lali Kharka||2265meter (7,431 feet)||5-6 hour|
|Day 4||Lalikharka to Khesewa||1960 meter (6,430 feet)||6 hour|
|Day 5||Khesewa to Phumpe Danda||1780 meter (5,840 ft||7 hour|
|Day 6||Yamphuding||1,690m (5,545 ft)||6 -7 hour|
|Day 7||Yamphuding to Torongding||2,342 meter/7,684 feet||6-7 hour|
|Day 8||Torongding to Cheram||3,870 meter(12,696 feet)||5-6 hour|
|Day 9||Acclimatization Day||3,870 meter||NA|
|Day 10||Cheram to Ramche||4,580 meter(15,026 feet)||3-4 hr|
|Day 11||Trek to Yalung base camp(4,500 meters) and trek back to Cheram||3,870 meter(12,697 feet)||3-4 hour|
|Day 12||Cheram to Sele La (4290m/ 14,074ft)||4,290 meter(14,075 feet)||6-7 hour|
|Day 13||Sele La to Ghunsa||3,595 meter/11,794 feet||3 hour|
|Day 14||Kambachen||4,050 meter(13,287 feet)||6 hour|
|Day 15||Trekking to Tashigaon||2,100m/6890ft||4-5 minute|
|Day 16||Kambachen to Lhonak||4,870 meter(15,978 feet)||6 hour|
|Day 17||Trek to Kanchenjunga base camp and back to Pangpema||5,143 meter(16,873 feet)||7-8 hour|
|Day 18||Trek to Lhonak||4,870 meter(15,978 feet)||5 hour|
|Day 19||Lhonak to Ghunsa||3475 meter(11,401 feet)||8 hour|
|Day 20||Ghunsa to Amjilosa||1,270 meter (4,167 feet)||8 hour|
|Day 21||Amjilosa to Chirwa||1,270 meter (4,167 feet)||7 hour|
|Day 22||Trek to Taplejung||1441 metre (4730 feet)||8 hour|
|Day 23||Drive to Bhadrapur||91 m (299 ft||9-10 hour|
|Day 24||Fly to Kathmandu||1,400 meter (4,600 feet)||45 minutes|
How much does Kanchenjunga BASE CAMP TREK COST?
It cost 2,350 USD per person on a double occupancy basis for Kanchenjunga Base Camp. For 3 persons 2,310 $, 4 to 6 person 2,280 $, and more than 7 person is 2,150 $ for Kanchenjunga Hike.
- Kathmandu airport pick up and drop off upon arrival and departure
- 2 Nights tourist stangdard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast plan(
- Flights (Kathmandu – Bhadrupur – Kathmandu) as round trip fares with required airport tax
- All land transfer as per given itinerary
- Necesserary trekking permits of Kanchejungha region
- Tea house accommodation during the trekking days
- Meals: (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) each day while on trekking
- Fully escorted trek with English speaking license holder local Guide
- Required number of porters ( 2 guest luggage is equal to 1 porter)
- Trekking equipment and other facilities for Nepali trekking staff
- Nepali staff Insurance
- First-aid Kit Bag with Oxygen Pulse
- Nepal Government Tax, VAT and as well as Company service charge
- Nepal entry visa fee and international airfare
- Lunch and Dinner during my staying in Kathmandu city
- Battery charges, laundry service, phone calls, WIFI, and hot shower during the trekking
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing
- Any types of drinks
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency)
- Any donation and monument entrance fees
- Tips for the crew (Note: TIPS is not compulsory but expected)
- Satellite Phone
- Any other things which are not mentioned on Include section
The trek to Kanchenjunga Base Camp starts with 45 min flight from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur and 8 to 9 hours drive to Taplejung, Nepal.
It is One of the most adventurous and difficult treks of Nepal. Because this trip includes difficult passes and rocky paths.
March to May and Sept to November are the perfect time to visit Kanchenjunga.
The elevation of Mount Kanchenjunga is 8,586 meters (28,169 feet). It is 3rd tallest mountain in the world.
Yes, as the trekking to the base camp of 3rd tallest peak is considered as challenging trek.
Tea houses/ Tented Camp.
Package Name: Kanchenjunga Base Camp
You can send an inquiry via the form below.