The Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek is a long tough trek in the Annapurna region. This trek goes through forests, cultivated terraced hills, high alpine pastures, uninhabited valleys, and high windswept passes.
The French Pass(5,360m) and Dhampus Pass (5200m) are the passes that make Dhaulagiri Circuit Challenging trip. Trekkers must have a high strength level of fitness. The Dhaulagiri Base Camp is situated at 4,740m from the sea level from where you can have breathtaking views of the 7th highest peak of the world(Dhaulagiri).But don’t feel pessimistic, if you’re fit and fine and have mountain experience you can go Dhaulagiri with Base Camp Hike. As we have local guides from that region who already have been there several times and can make your successful trip.
Journey to Dhaulagiri to Dhaulagiri Base Camp, travelers can see farmlands, waterfalls,mountain rivers, glaciers, and Morine. In terms of mountain views, wanderlust can enjoy with eye-catching views of Dhaulagiri I (8,167m), Dhaulagiri II (7,751m), Dhaulagiri III (7,715m)
Dhaulagiri IV(7,693m) Dhaulagiri V (7,618m) and Tukuche Peak (6,920m). Our circuit trekking also offers the world deepest gorge which lies in Tukuche.
In the 1950s, the French trekking team did first passes at the Dhaulagiri circuit. Afterward, they named French Pass(5,360m). Before that time, this valley was untouched by humans.
Your journey to Circuit starts with a scenic drive to Beni from where you initiate your actual trekking journey.
Meals and Accommodation during circuit trek to Dhaulagiri
Expect from the first and last nights in Beni and Pokhara, where you will stay in hotels, this is an entirely camping trek. For the food and Meal this is camping trek.
Why you love Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek?
- Scenic journey to Beni, Myagdi
- Flora and fauna of Dhaulagiri Zone
- Wild and rare demanded trekking
- Magnificent terrace filled
- Dhaulagiri Base Camp 4,740m
- French pass 5360 Meter
- Dhampus pass 5234 Meter
- Hidden Valley
- Glacier, Moraine, and Ice Falls
- Challenging Journey to Dhaulagiri
- Magnificent view Dhaulagiri Range and Annapurna range
- Thakali food below Jomsom
See Group Discount
|No. of people||Price P.P|
|2 -4||US$ 2020|
|10 +||US$ 1898|
16 Days Dhaulagiri Circuit Hiking Itinerary
|Days||Itinerary||Altitude in ft||Hour|
|Day 1||Kathmandu to Beni (Drive)||8500m||9 hr|
|Day 2||Beni to Babia Chaur||950m||5 hr|
|Day 3||Babia Chaur to Dharapani||1,400m||6 hr|
|Day 4||Dharapani to Muri||1,850m||5 hr|
|Day 5||Muri to Boghara||2,080 m||6-7 hr|
|Day 6||Boghara to Dobang||2,520m||5 hr|
|Day 7||Dobang to Choriban Khola||3,110m||6-7 hr|
|Day 8||Choriban Khola to Italian Base Camp||3,660m||7 hr|
|Day 9||Acclimatization Day||3,660m||NA hour|
|Day 10||Italian Base Camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp||4,900m||5-6 hr|
|Day 11||Dhaulagiri Base Camp to French Pass||5,300m||6 hr|
|Day 12||French Phedi to Kalopani via Thapa Pass (5250m)||5,005m||7 hr|
|Day 13||Kalopani to Marpha||2,667m||7 hr|
|Day 14||Marpha to Jomsom||2,743m||3 hr|
|Day 15||Jomsom to Pokhara||800m||25 minute|
|Day 16||Kathmandu||1300m||6-7 hr|
How much does cost Dhaulagiri Circuit TREK?
The Dhaulagiri Circuit trek cost is USD 2050 per person on double occupancy basis. For the Group trek to Dhaulagiri, we’ve special discounts.
- Airport pickup and drop off
- 3 nights in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- 1 night in a 3-star hotel in Pokhara, breakfast
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) & TIMS Card
- Local guest house/teahouse accommodation in the mountains
- All ground transportations by private vehicle including airport transfers
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with a private tour guide, entry fees, and vehicle transportation
- Meals on full board trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee)
- Licensed holder experienced Local friendly guide.
- 2 guest 1 porter
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, and taxes of Guide, Porter, and other staff
- Trekking equipment (two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table with chairs, kitchen utensils, and other necessary equipment during the trek)
- Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek
- First aid medical kit bag
- Duffel bag for trekking
- All necessary permits for trek
- All government and local taxes
- Office service charge
- International flight ticket and Nepal Entry Visa
- All cold drinks such as alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc
- Personal shopping and laundry, phone, internet bill, etc
- Trekking equipment
- Travel insurance( As it is Challenging trek you should have Insurance )
- Meals not specified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu and Pokhara City
- Personal gear for trekking
- Any personal expenses (i.e. soft and alcoholic drinks, snacks, etc.)
- Costs from unexpected occurrences (i.e. cancellations, weather problems, damages of property, illness, etc.)
- Tips for trekking crews
This trek starts in Beni, a sizable town about 2-3 hours’ drive from Pokhara. The road to Beni is winding and through the mountains, but otherwise reasonably well-maintained. </p><p>Many
treks in the Annapurna region start from or pass through, Beni.
The trek ends at Jomsom. While it’s possible to extend the trek and walk back to Pokhara from Jomsom (part of the classic Annapurna Circuit route), road construction in the past few years has made this a dusty and decidedly unappealing option. Plus, this is a challenging trek and most trekkers will not want to extend it due to fatigue. It’s advisable to fly from Jomsom back to Pokhara. This is a short, spectacular flight, but can sometimes be delayed or canceled due to poor weather.
This is the best trekking for those who want to make tough adventures in the Himalayas. So as it has two difficult passes, it is considered a challenging trek. Trekkers must have previous high altitude trekking experience to do Dhaulagiri Circuit.
Trekkers must have basic mountaineering skills, such as knowledge of the use of ice axes and crampons.
The best time to explore Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek is Spring (March to May) and the Autumn(September to November).
It is a 15 days trek.
Accommodation in Dhaulagiri Hike is a mix of tea-houses and camping trek.
Package Name: Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek
You can send inquiry via the form below.