The Jomsom Muktinath Trek is an absolutely beautiful journey that takes you to the Annapurna Region to Mustang Region. It is also known as Lower Mustang Trek.
For those with limited time holidays and have desired to see the Himalayas with amazing views and local aspects.
Journey to Muktinath rewards a wide range of peoples and terrain, subtropical forest to a high, dry landscape resembling the Tibetan Plateau.
Trekking to Muktinath via Jomsom is an alternate journey to explore the Himalayas which provides thrilling views of the Annapurna ranges and Dhaulagiri ranges. Hiking to Jomsom Muktinath is suitable for all aged people.
This trekking trail passes through quaint villages, cascading waterfalls, lush forests, and surprisingly an almost-barren leeward side of the Himalayas.
The diverse Nepalese landscape combined with the rich culture of it’s people makes this trek all the more rewarding.
On the way to Jomsom, there are so many Apple gardens. At the time of October to December, it will be Apple everywhere in the Village.
Popular places of Jomsom Muktinath Trekking
There are so many popular places on this trip so that Trekking to Jomsom and Muktinath is worthwhile to visit.
Marpha is a beautiful village which is situted at 2,680 meter (8,793 feet). It’s near from Jomsom. There is a Buddhist monetary in Marpha that we can visit during the journey.
Another fascinating place during the journey to Muktinath is the Kagbeni Village. It is placed at altitude of 2,810 meter (9,219 feet). The Kagbeni is the gateway of Upper Mustang.
Tatopani is a small village at Myagdi,Nepal where there are so many Natural Hot Springs. This Place is popular for both local and international tourists. After finished tough could Annapurna circuit trek, trekkers used to have hot spring to get hot.
Muktinath(3,800m) is the highest point of the trail which is one of the most popular Hindu Hindu Temples. At Muktinath, there are 108 stone water spouts and eternal flame.
Jomsom is headquarter of Mustang Nepal which is placed 2,743 m (8,999 ft) in Mustang District, Nepal. Mostly Upper Mustang Trek begins and Annapurna Circuit Trekking ends at Jomsom. So there are so many tourist lodges. The Jomsom Airport is also near the Jomsom Bazaar.
During Jomsom Muktinath’s journey, we’ll also get to Kali Gandaki gorge which is the deepest gorge in the world.
On the trip, a visit to Muktinath Temple is worthwhile as it is a very religious spot for Hindus. Not only Hindus pilgrimages, but it’s also popular Buddhist people. Ghorepani, Kalopani, Marpha, Ghasa, Jomsom, and Muktinath are the most popular places during the trek to Jomsom Muktinath.
The trek ends with a flight to Pokhara from Jomsom.
Why trek to Jomsom Muktinath?
Here are some reasons to visit Mustang, Nepal.
- Gurung and Thakali villages
- Apple orchards
- Ghorepani Poon Hill
- Tatopani, Kalopani, Tukuche, Marpha, Jomsom, Kagbeni, and Muktinath
- The world’s deepest gorge
- Interesting landscape
- The windswept Tibetan plateau
- Muktinath temple
See Group Discount
|No. of people||Price P.P|
|7 +||US$ 780|
3,710 meter (12,172 feet)
Minumum 1 person
10 Days Jomsom Muktinath Itinerary
|Day 1||Drive to Pokhara||827 meter (22,713 feet)||8 hr|
|Day 2||Fly to Jomsom (25 minutes flight) and trek to Kagbeni||2,810 meter (9,219 feet)||2-3 hour trek|
|Day 3||Trek to Muktinath||3,710 meter (12,172 feet)||3-4 hour|
|Day 4||Muktinath to Marpha Trek||2,680 meter (8,793 feet)||7 hour|
|Day 5||Marpha to Kalopani||2,530 meter(8,301 feet)||3-4 hr|
|Day 6||Kalopani to Tatopani||1,190 meter(3,904 feet)||7 hr|
|Day 7||Trek to Ghorepani||2,875 meter (9,432 feet)||6 – 7 hour|
|Day 8||Hike to Poon Hill(3210m) and Trek to Hile||1,500 meter(4,921 feet)||7 hour|
|Day 9||Trek to Nayapul and Drive to Pokhara||827 meter (22,713 feet)||3 hr trek and 2 hr drive|
|Day 10||Drive to Kathmandu||1,350 meter (4,229 feet)||7 hr|
- All airport pick up and drop off transfers by private vehicle
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Thamel, Kathmandu with breakfast(3-star category hotel- Hotel Moonlight)
- 2-night accommodation in Lakeside, Pokhara with breakfast( at a 3-star category)
- Kathmandu city tour with Guide, Transportation and Entrance fees
- Pokhara Jomsom flight fare including departure taxes
- Kathmandu -Pokhara-Kathmandu transfer by Tourist Bus
- Meals on the trek( B, L, D)
- Seasonal fruits each day
- Best available twin sharing lodge during the trekking
- An experienced English-speaking (trekking guide)
- 2 trekker: 1 porter
- Guide and Porter salary, insurance, trekking equipment, flight, food, and lodging
- ACAP permit and TIMS
- Medical kit with Oxygen Pulse
- All government tax, vat and company service charges
- Visa fee and international airfare
- Lunch and Dinner during staying in City
- Battery charges, laundry service, phone calls, WIFI, and hot shower during the trekking
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing
- Any types of drinks and Deserts (cakes, bakes, and pies)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency)
- Any donation and monument entrance fees
- Tips for the crew (Note: TIPS is not compulsory but expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned on Include section
To go to Pokhara, we can take either flight or drive. Afterward, we’ll take a short flight to Jomsom to start the trek.
The maximum altitude on this route is 3800m(Muktinath). Trekking to Jomsom Muktinath is also best for beginners’ trekkers, and family trekking. So we can say trek to Muktinath Jomsom is a moderately difficult trek.
Spring and Autumn are the best time to make a trip to Jomsom-Muktinath.
No, need. Trekking up to Muktinath and downwards valley are considered moderate/easy.
Yes, almost all places on Jomsom trek there is wifi.
Package Name: Jomsom Muktinath 10 Days Trekking
You can send an inquiry via the form below.