If you’re thinking of climbing the highest trekking peak, Mera peak is that type of peak which is 6,461m/21,190ft tall. Submit of highest trekking peak is itself great adventure itself along with that you’ll see 5 tallest peaks of the earth(Everest, Makalu, Kanchenjunga, Cho Oyu, and Lhotse).
Even if you are seeking for moderate mountaineering experience in your life, the Mera Peak climbing is an optional solution for you.
Needless to say, though it’s trekking peak climbers must have the technical mountaineering skills for successful completion. Mera Peak is the highest climbing peak in Nepal with a height of 6,440 ms above sea level.
Mera Peak offers stunning views of five different peaks above 8,000 meters. It includes Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, and Kanchenjunga. An interesting fact is many climbers prefer to climb Mera Peak before heading to the Everest expedition as a pre-practitioner.
Best time to climb Mera Peak
March to May and September to November is the best time to climb Mera Peak. You’ll get Mera Peak Base Camp 5,300 meters by trekking and Mera Submit(6,461 meters) by Climbing. Base Camp Hike’s guide will train you the way to walk in glaciers, Rope fixing method, properly ascending and descending in the snow. The day training ensures confidence.
Climbing Route of Mera Peak
In the case of the climbing route of Mera, there’s only one single route to the summit. Keep in mind, you’ll cross several Sherpa villages and you’ll spend time acclimatizing.
- Get yourself at an altitude of 6,440m
- It is the highest trekking peak which is categorized by the Nepal Mountaineering Association.
- Eye-catching views of Everest, Lhotse, and Makalu and Choyu from the Mera summit
- Relatively less crowded than Island Peak and Lobuche Peak
- Explore the Hinku and Hongu mountian villages.
18 Days Mera Peak Climbing Itinerary
|Day 1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1,300m/4,264ft||NA|
|Day 2||Trip Preparation( Explore Kathmandu)||NA||NA|
|Day 3||FLight to Lukla and Trek to Chutok||2,804m/9,198 feet||5hr|
|Day 4||Trek to Panggom||2,846m/9,337ft||5-6 hr|
|Day 5||Panggom to Kurke trekking||3,800m/12,464 feet||5 hr|
|Day 6||Thuli Kharka||4,200m/13,776feet||6 hr|
|Day 7||Thuli Kharka to to Khothey||3,600m/11,808 feet||5 hr|
|Day 8||Trek to Tangnag||4,350m/14268 feet||6-7 hr|
|Day 9||Rest Day at Tangnag||4350m/11808 feet||NA|
|Day 10||Trek to Khare||4,900m/16,072 feet||4-5 hr|
|Day 11||Trek to Base Camp Mera La (5,415m/17,762 feet).||5,500m/18,040 ft||5 hr|
|Day 12||Climb Base Camp to High Camp||5800m/19,024 feet||5 hr|
|Day 13||Sumbit Mera peak(6654m/21,825 feet) and back to Khare||4,900m/16,072 feet||10 hr|
|Day 14||Reserve day for contingency||NA||NA|
|Day 15||Trek to Khothey||3,600m/11,808 feet||5-6|
|Day 16||Thuli Kharka||4,200m/13,776 feet||6 hr|
|Day 17||Trek to Lukla||2,804m/9,197 feet||7 hr|
|Day 18||Flight to Kathmandu||4,200m/13,776 feet||6 hr|
How much does cost to Climb Mera Peak?Base Camp Hike offers cheap climbing pakcage for climbers at 1998 USD up to 2021/05/14.
- Airport Pickup and Pick off private vehicles.
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- Tented accommodation during the climb
- All meals (B,L,D)) during the trek and climb
- Flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Experienced trekking guide, climbing guide (leader) and assistant guides
- Porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff expenses including their salary, wages, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Duffel bag for trekking
- Trekking Permits, Climbing Permtis and others neccesssary offical works
- Tents and Kitchen Utensils for camping
- Climbing equipments
- Medical kit
- Nepal Government and local taxes and company service
- Nepalese visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Any types of drinks during trekking
- Personal expenses (Such as phone calls, internet, WIFI, extra porter, laundry, battery recharge, hot shower,and etc.)
- Tips for Guide and Porter
- All others things which are not mentioned on includes
Package Name: Mera Peak Climb
You can send inquiry via the form below.