There are 2 types of routes for the Panch Pokhari Trek. Base Camp Hike offers 12 days(long version) and 5 days(short version) itinerary at a reasonable price.
Panch Pokhari is a set of 5(five) Hindu holy lakes in the Sindhupalchowk, Nepal. The Five Lakes is famous for the Hindu pilgrimage trip. Each lake has its own names and they are derived from Lord Shiva. It is considered as the 9th highest altitude wetland in the earth.
During Janai Purnima, there will be mass flow of pilgrimage. Because this lake is a popular destination for Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims. It is a pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhists.
In 2012, Trekking Agencies’ Association of Nepal explored the Panch Pokhari trail. The trek begins from Chautara and to get Chautara from Kathmandu it takes about 5-6 hours.
The Panch Pokhari surrounds on the periphery of the Jugal Himal range and Langtang ranges. Panch Pokhari trekking is nontouristic, you can enjoy nature comparatively than other popular trek routes.The Panch Pokhari hiking trail is off the beaten path which is really worthwhile to visit.
How to do short Panch Pokhari Trek in 5 days?
There is a very short route for Panch Pokhari which you can do in 5 days with an easy walk.
- 1st Day: Drive to Bhotang Village (1800 meters)
- 2nd Day: Trek to Nasimpati
- 3rd Day: Trek to Panch Pokhari Lakes (4100 meters)
- 4th Day: Trek down to Bhotang village
- 5 Day: Bhotang to Kathmandu
How much it cost for 5 days trip?
IF you want to short Panch Pokhari hike in 5 days, it cost 680 USD per person.
What can we see on the Panch Pokhari trek?
We can see Himalayan views on the northeast side where there are biological diversities, local lifestyles, and traditions.
From the wildlife perspective, you can see Musk deer, Monkeys, Himalayan wild goats, and numerous birds along the route.
Similarly, the Panch Pokhari trail goes through the colorful rhododendron forest. Especially in the spring season, the bloomed Rhododendron makes the trip beautiful.
- waterfalls, gorges, and ancient caves
- A beautiful journey through the unspoiled trail
- The scientific views of the Dorje Lakpa (6966 m), Phurbi Chhyachu (6637 m), Madiya (6257 m), Rolwaling and otherLangtang ranges
- The trekking region of Panch Pokhari is not polluted and densely populated
- The enticing trail is dotted by the rhododendron forest, which is extremely spectacular in spring
See Group Discount
|No. of people||Price P.P|
|7 +||US$ 1210|
12 Days Panch Pokhari Itinerary
|Day 1||Drive from Kathmandu to Chautara||1200 meter (3937 feet)||5-6 hour|
|Day 2||Chautara to Phurse||2045 meter (6719 feet)||6-hour|
|Day 3||Trek to Kami Kharka||3,710 meter (12,172 feet)||7 hour|
|Day 4||Kamikharka to Pawabas||3000 meter (9843 feet)||6-7 hour|
|Day 5||Pauwa Bas to Hile Bhanjyang||3400 meter(11,155 feet)||3-4 hour|
|Day 6||Hile Bhanjyang to Nasim Pati||3700 meter(12,139 feet)||4 hour|
|Day 7||Trekking to Panch Pokhari||4100 meter (13,451feet)||4 hour|
|Day 8||Panch Pokhari to Nasim Pati||3700 meter(12,139 feet)||3 hour|
|Day 9||Nasimpati to Dukan||2100 meter(6890 feet)||7 hour|
|Day 10||Dukan to Dhap||1200 meter (3937feet)||3 hr trek and 2 hr drive|
|Day 11||Trekking to Melamchi Pul bazaar||800meter (2625 feet)||7 hr|
|Day 12||Drive to Kathmandu||1350 meter (4249 feet)||4 hr|
Not satisfied with our Itinerary?
Are you interested on planning custom trip? It takes only 2 to 3 minutes.
What includes and what excludes on Panch Pokhari Hiking Package?
- Airport pickup and drop off by private vehicle
- 2-night hotel accommodation in Thamel, Kathmandu with breakfast plan
- Meals on Trekking (breakfast, lunch, Dinner)
- All Required Trekking Permit
- Highly experienced English speaking friendly guide
- seasonal fruits each day
- Tended and Tea House accommodation facilities during trekking.
- Kathmandu – Chautara and from Melamchi Bazar to Kathmandu transfer by bus
- Experienced porter (2 guests: 1 porter basis)
- All expenses of guide and porter
- A First Aid medical kit bag
- Tax, VAT and as well as Company service charge
- All Drinks and Desserts foods
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu
- All personal nature expenses
- Trekking Equipment
- Tips for the crew
- Any other things which are not mentioned on Included
How to go Panch Pokhari Trekking?
To go to Pokhara, we can take either flight or drive. Afterward, we’ll take a short flight to Jomsom to start the trek.
How difficult is the Panch Pokhari trail?
As we’ll reach 4500 meters altitude, this trek is categorized as a moderate difficulty trek.
Panch Pokhari journey begins from Chautara after driving 5-6 hours from Kathmandu.
When is the best time to visit Panch Pokhari?
Spring and Autumn are the best time to make a trip to Jomsom-Muktinath.
What types of accommodation are available?