The Gosaikunda Lake trek located in Langtang National Park which is is a pilgrimage site devotees of Lord Shiva. It is situated at an elevation of 4,380 m(14,370 ft). According to Hindu mythology, Gosaikunda is the abode of the gods Shiva and Goddess Gauri. On this route, you’ll get tea house accommodation so you don’t need to bring a lot of trekking gear.
On this 1 week short trek, you’ll see stunning mountain views such as Manaslu range, Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal range, Tibetan peaks. You’ll also see more than 7 lakes among them Gosaikunda, Saraswati Kunda and Bhairab Kunda are highlighted. We can also combine Langtang Trek with Gosaikunda Lake.
During the Janai Purnima occasion, the place is visited by thousands of local domestic people. On the trail, we can see Tamang communities and their Tibetan influenced cultural practices. This route really is rich in flora and fauna; such as Rhododendron forests, pine, fir, etc. On the way to the lake, Monasteries and cheese factories are also visible.
Gosaikunda has been a Ramsar site since 2007 which means it is a wetland of international importance. It is those types of sites which are considered holy to both Buddhists and Hindus.
Besides, as the trail is not too difficult, anyone with moderate fitness can complete this trek. During the winter season, Gosaikunda lake will be frozen. In summer, the water in this holy lake melts and flows down the Trishuli river. Trishuli is the type of river where you can do rafting.
Amazingly, it’s believed that Lord Shiva formed the lake when he thrust his holy trident into the mountain to extract the water to drink. August is the best month to visit Gosaikunda. During this month, thousands of Hindu pilgrims from Nepal as well as India goest there to celebrate Janai Purnima around the lake.
According to Hindu mythology, thereof 108 lakes in the Gosaikunda Areas which are named of 108 different names of Lord Shiv. The total area covered by these delightful lakes is 1,030 ha (4.0 sq mi).
495 per person
See Group Discount
|No. of people||Price P.P|
|1 – 1||US$ 495|
|2 – 2||US$ 480|
|7 – 9||US$ 440|
|10 – 16||US$ 405|
7 Days Gosaikunda Lake Hike Itinerary
|1st||Drive to Syabru||1550 m||6-7 hours|
|2nd||Trek to Thulo Syabru||2330m||6|
|3rd||Trek to Cholangpati||3,584m||7 hr|
|4th||Cholangpati to Gosaikunda||4,380m||5 hr|
|5th||Trek down to Sing Gompa||3,250m||7 hr|
|6th||Chandanwari to Dhunche||1,966m||4 hr|
|7th||Dhunche to Kathmandu||2,140m/6,998 ft||7 hr|
- Private transfers for your international flight 2 times (arrival/ departure).
- 2 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Kathmandu to Syafru Beshi by private Jeep
- Dhunche to Kathmandu by Private jeep
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during mention trekking days.
- Langtang National Park Entry Permit and TIMS Card
- Experienced English speaking license holder local guide for 8 days.
- 1 strong porter for on the basis of 2 guests for 8 days.
- Guide and Porter’s food, accommodation, insurance and necessary ground transportation.
- First Aids Kit.
- Duffel Bag.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Any types of Drinks and Bar Bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected).
- Any other things which are not mentioned above.
Price and Dates
|Start Date||Start Date||Price||Availability||Booking|
|14 June, 2020||21 June, 2020||USD 495||Guaranteed|
|20 June, 2020||27 June, 2020||USD 495||Guaranteed|
Guaranteed – Trip is Guaranteed to RUN.
Available – Trip is available to run if minimum group size is filled
Limited – Only few space available
Package Name: Gosaikunda Lake Trek
You can send your inquiry via the form below