In order to take real trekking experience, Upper Dolpo Trekking is ultimate trail.
Upper Dolpo Trek – one of the best trekking
|Trip Name:||Upper Dolpo Circuit|
|Trip Duration||24 Days|
|Group Size||1 to 20 tourist|
|Best Time||May to October|
|Difficulty Level||Moderate Grade|
|Start / End Point||Kathmandu/Kathmandu|
|Activity||5-6 hrs walking(Approx.)|
|Nature of Trek||Tent / Camping|
Join our All inclusive Upper Dolpo Guided trek with short best itinerary and get best deals which includes local guide, food, accomodation, permit, transportation and many more.
Upper Dolpo Trekking Itinerary
|Days||Itinerary||Altitude in ft||Hour|
|Day 1||Flight to Nepalgunj||150m||4 hr|
|Day 2||Flight to Jufal and Trek to Dunaie||2,140m||3 hr|
|Day 3||Dunai to Ankhe||2,660 m||6 hr|
|Day 4||Ankhe to Renje||3,104m||6-7 hr|
|Day 5||Renje to Phoksundo Lake)||3600m||6-7 hr|
|Day 6||Explore Phoksundo Lake||3,600m||NA|
|Day 7||Phoksundo Lake to Phoksundo Khola||3,508m||5-6 hour|
|Day 8||Phoksundo Khola to Phoksundo Bhanjyang||4,440m||5-6 hr|
|Day 9||Cross the Kang La pass and trek to Shey Gompa||4310m||5-6 hr|
|Day 10||Shey Gompa ( Rest day)||4,310m||NA|
|Day 11||Shey Gompa to Namduna Gaun:||4,800m||7 hr|
|Day 12||Namduna Gaun to Saldang||3,620m||5 hr|
|Day 13||Saldang to Yangzer Gompa||4,590m||4 hr|
|Day 14||Yangtze Gompa to Sibu||4,560m||6-7 hr|
|Day 15||Sibu to Jeng la Phedi||4,900m||6 hr|
|Day 16||Jeng La Phedi to Tokyu Gaon||4,240m||3 hr|
|Day 17||Tokyu to Dho Tarap||4,090m||5 hr|
|Day 18||Rest Day at Dho Tarap||4,090||NA|
|Day 19||Dho Tarap to Tarap Khola(Kamakharka)||3,800m||6 hr|
|Day 20||Tarap Khola to Khanigaon||2,550 m||5-6 hr|
|Day 21||Khani Gaon to Tarakot||2,282 m||5 hr|
|Day 22||Dunai||2,140m||6-7 hr|
|Day 23||Dunai to Jufal||2,502 m||3 hr|
|Day 24||Fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj||1,360m||3 hr|
How much does cost UPPER DOLPO TREK?
According to Base Camp Hike Plan, The Upper Dolpo trek cost is USD 3,680 per person on double occupancy basis. For the Group trek to Dolpo, we’ve special discounts.
- Airport pick up and Drop off
- All domestic airfare (Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Juphal-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu) including airport tax
- Camping accommodation during the trekking days
- Dolpo permits
- All the essentials camping and kitchen equipment for Camping Dolpo Trekking
- High-quality camping equipment (Sleeping tent/ Dining tent / Kitchen tent / Toilet tent/mattress and Kitchen utensils )
- Meals on Trekking (B.L.D.) during the trekking period with coffee and tea.
- Required supporting kitchen crew and donkeys to carry foods and luggage along the trek
- Upper Dolpo and Lower Dolpo Special Trekking Permit
- Shey Phoksundo National Park entrance permits and local taxes
- Food / Salary/accommodation and medical or accidental insurance of all the trek staff.
- Farewell dinner party after the trip completion in Kathmandu.
- All the required airport and hotel transfer.
- Nepal Government Tax, VAT, and as well as Company service charge.
- Duffel bag for client backpack which is rain protection
- First aid medical kit bag.
- Luxury hotel in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj with B/B plan
- All the government taxes and company service charge
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj
- All personal nature expenses
- Alcoholic beverages, bottled mineral water, soft drinks, and snack foods
- Riding horse along the trek
- Extra cost incases of natural disaster
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Any types of Alcoholic drinks
- Extra night hotel, if an extended night in Nepalgunj due to bad weather and earlier back to Kathmandu
- Tip to trekking crews
- Any other things which not mentioned on including
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to Upper Dolpo from Kathmandu?
Dolpo lies in Western Nepal, making access more difficult than other parts of Nepal. It means at First,
we’ll take Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight and next day morning also flight( Nepalgunj to Jhupal by
For the return Jhupual to Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj to Kathmandu. Since the weather of Jhupal is not stable, planes can’t make a single flight Kathmandu to Jhupal. But you can fly Pokhara to Nepalgunj.
For the charter flight to Jufal either from Kathmandu or Pokhara, a helicopter tour is best. Though it is expensive, it’s best for luxury travelers.
By Road transfer
Nepalgunj is also accessible by road transfer but keep in mind that it is a long and hard journey. Roads to Jhupal are improving day by day.
How long is Upper Dolpo Journey?
It is a 23 days trek.
When is the best time to Explore Dolpo?
How difficult is the Upper Dolpo trek?
It is considered strenuous to trek in Upper Dolpo. 3 passes above 500m and steep ascents make trip adventures. For the beginner’s trekkers in the Himalayas is not a suitable Dolpo but the people who already attempted some treks can accomplish Dolpo.
What types of accommodation and meals available?
Almost all treks in the Upper Dolpo Region are fully-catered camping treks. Some basic teahouse accommodation is available in some villages but that’s not enough.
What brings for Upper Dolpo?
Package Name: Upper Dolpo
USD 3680 P.P
|No. of people||Price Per Person|
|2 paxes||USD 3680|
|3 paxes||USD 3655|
|4 paxes||USD 3618|
|5 paxes||USD 3606|
|6 paxes||USD 3595|
|7 paxes||USD 3571|
|8 paxes||USD 3515|
|9 paxes||USD 3501|
|10 paxes||USD 3498|
- Best price guaranteed
- Have a big group? We can help.
- We can customize your trip as per your request
- Low on budget? We can help.