The Lower Dolpo Trek provides voyagers an outstanding undergo to the remote western Dolpo region of Nepal. The 16-day journey to the Himalayas begins afterward on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites tour in Kathmandu. Our trekking begins after Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight and Nepalgunj to Jhupal.
Jhupal is a trekking starting point of Lower Dolpo. Our trek goes through remote locations admiring the beautiful rain shadow landscape of the Himalayas.
While on the trek, we get to muse at the yak caravans that maintain the traditional salt trade with Tibet. On this trail, we’ll cross 2 high passes, Numa La and Baga La.
Trek to Lower Dolpo is one of the worthwhile and challenging journeys. This strenuous trekking offers voyagers to experience the real adventures and real taste of natural beauty in Nepal’s Himalayas.
Truly say, Lower Dolpo Trek is enriched with natural beauties as well as ancient pre-Buddhism Bon Po culture and traditions. It’s a semi-desert region that is combined with a densely forested path filled with rhododendron, pine, bamboo, and juniper trees forests. Besides the beautiful rain shadow landscape of the Himalayas, it’s a great chance to see Shey Phoksundo National Park and Shay Phuksunda lake.
The 2 passes on lower Dolpo provide amazing views of Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m) and the Tibetan ranges—Kurung La and Khyung La. During the summer season, we can see the caravans of yaks and sheep heading towards another destination.
There is a high majority of Tibetan and Magar People in Lower Dolpo who practice the pre-Buddhist Bon Po religion. In aggregate, Lower Dolpo Trek is the best trek for wild adventures in Nepal’s Himalayas.
Why you love Lower Dolpo Trek?
- Experienced age-old Bon-Buddhist practices in different monasteries
- Beautiful Shey Phoksundo National Park
- Explore the pristine Shey Phoksundo which is situated at 3611 meters
- An Amazing experience walking in the desert-like Dolpo rainshadow area which is likely to Deserts.
- Enticing views of Yak Caravan
- Ancient salt trade route.
2480 per personSee Group Discount
|No. of people||Price P.P|
|2 -4||US$ 2480|
|10 +||US$ 2400|
16 Days Lower Dolpo Itinerary
|Days||Itinerary||Altitude in ft||Hour|
|Day 1||Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (Flight)||150m||1 hr|
|Day 2||Nepalgunj to Jhupal (Flight) and Trek to Dunai||2,850m||3 hr|
|Day 3||Dunai to Tarakot||2,543m||5-6 hr|
|Day 4||Tarakot to Laini||3,160m||6-7 hr|
|Day 5||Laini to Nawar Pani||3,545 m||5-6 hr|
|Day 6||Nawar Pani to Dho Tarap||4,090m||3 hr|
|Day 7||Acclimatization Day||4,090m||NA hr|
|Day 8||Dho Tarap to Num La Base Camp||4,440m||7 hr|
|Day 9||Num La Base Camp to Pelung Tang||4,465m||6-7 hr|
|Day 10||Pelung Tang to Dajok Tang||4,080m||6 hr|
|Day 11||Dajok Tang to Ringmo||3,600m||4 hr|
|Day 12||Ringmo to Phoksundo Lake||3,612m||4-5 hr|
|Day 13||Phoksundo Lake to Shyanta||2,520m||5 hr|
|Day 14||Shyanta to Jufal||2,320m||5-6 hr|
|Day 15||Jufal to Kathmandu (Flight) Via Neplalgunj Flgiht||1300m||25 minute|
|Day 16||Kathmandu||1300m||2 hr|
How much does cost Lower Dolpo Trek?
The Lower Dolpo Trek cost is USD 2050 per person on double occupancy basis. For the Group trek to Dhaulagiri, we’ve special discounts.
- Airport pickup and drop off
- 3 night 3 star Kathmandu hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast. ( Hotel Moonlight)
- Meals 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner, juice, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruits, etc.)
- Licensed holder experienced Local friendly guide.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, and taxes of Guide, Porter, and other staff
- Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek
- First aid medical kit bag
- All necessary permits for trek
- Necessary Camping equipment
- Camping charges
- Nepali crew insurance and their taxes
- All government and local taxes
- Office service charge
- Necessary porter, Expert Cook, and other Kitchen Helper staff.
- All surface transportation to the starting point and from the ending point of the trek.
- Nepal Entry Visa
- Drinks such as alcoholic beverages, mineral water, Coke, Fanta, juice, etc
- Meals not specified in the ‘Meal Inclusions’ in the itinerary
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu and Pokhara City
- Personal gear for trekking
- Any Personal Nature expenses
- Costs from unexpected occurrences (i.e. cancellations, weather problems, damages of property, illness, etc.)
- Tips for trekking crews
How to go Lower Dolpo Trekking from Kathmandu?
We can take flight Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj to Jufal flight. From Jufal we can start journey to Lower Dolpo.
How difficult is the Lower Dolpo Journey?
Lower Dolpo is adventure trek as we the pass 5,318m.
When is the best time to visit Lower Dolpo?
Spring and fall are the best time to explore Upper Dolpo.
How long is Lower Dolpo?
It is a 16 days trek.
What types of accommodation and meals available?
It is camping trek so foods and meal provides from our staffs.