Nar Phu valley trek is the best adventure tour for an experience off the beaten track. This adventure trek is a combination of mountain culture and scenic mountain vista.
During Nar Phu trek, you can see the Mani walls, Chortens, Snow-capped mountains and stone patched houses.
Tibetan inspired culture in Nar Phu Valley was isolated a few years ago. But now this trail is open which is waiting for you.
Nar Valley is located in Annapurna region. Stunning mountain views, narrow canyons, Buddhist Gompa, the unique culture of local people and villager typical lifestyle is the focus attraction of Nar Phu.
Kang la Pass Via Nar Phu Valley
Kang La Pass is a mountain pass which is located in the Manang District of Nepal. The altitude of Kang La is 5,320m from sea Level. This pass is more difficult than Thorong La Annapurna Circuit.
Because of Permit fees, expensiveness and adventure grading trek only limited people can offer Nar Phu Kang La Pass Trek.
Nar Phu route will be one option trekking trail as the off the beaten adventure trek route. The Journey to Narphu takes you to the bottom of the high Himalayas.
Since our company has operate this trip before many time , you can ask question about this trip. We Base Camp Hike always ready to make your Nar Phu Trek itinerary according to your wish. So let’s drop the question to BCH.
- It’s a opportunity to explore ancient MOUNTAIN VILLAGE
- This trek offers picturesque mountain view from every accommodation spot
- You can test the Tibetan Influenced culture and traditions
- Annapurna mountain Range and Manaslu range will be visible on the route
- Dozen of beautiful waterfalls on the trail
1050 per person
See Group Discount
|No. of people||Price P.P|
|3 -5||US$ 1026|
|6 – 14||US$ 996|
|Days||Itinerary||Altitude in Meter||Hour|
|Day 1||Drive to Syange||1080m||10 hr|
|Day 2||Syange to Tal||1700m||6 hr|
|Day 3||Tal to Koto||2670m||8 hr|
|Day 4||Koto to Meta||3560m||7 – 8 hr|
|Day 5||Meta to Phu Gaon||4250m||7 to 8 hr|
|Day 6||Hike to Himlung Base Camp and Rest at Phu||4800m||7 – 8 hr|
|Day 7||Phu to Nar Phedi||4110m||6-7 hr|
|Day 8||Nar Phedi to Nar Village||3490m||4 hr|
|Day 9||Ngwal Via Kang La(5315m)||3675m||7-8 hr|
|Day 10||Trek to Hunde and Drive to Besisahar||1300m||2 hr trek 10 hrs drive|
|Day 11||Besisahar to Kathmandu||1300m||6 to 7 hr|
- Private transfers for your international flight 2 times (arrival/ departure).
- 1 nights Tourist standard Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu to Besisahar and Besisahar to Kathmandu by Local Bus (upgrade to private Jeep – $200 total on each way)
- Syangey to Besisahar by Private Jeep
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during mention trekking days.
- Manaslu & Annapurna conservation area permit
- Nar Phu Valley special permit ( USD 100 for 1 person for 1 week )
- Experienced English speaking license holder local guide for 12 days.
- 1 strong porter for on the basis of 2 guests for 12 days.
- Guide and Porter’s food, accomadation, insurance and necessary ground transportation.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Any types of Drinks and Bar Bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected).
- Any other things which are not mentioned above.
Can we extend or shorten Nar Phu Valley?
There are 2 popular trekking trails which are interrelated with Nar Phu. To get to the main entry point of this trail, you should cross approx 25 percent of Annapurna Circuit trek. After Kangla Pass you will be in Ngwal which is a popular trekking accommodation spot of Around Annapurna Trek. From Ngwal you will have four options. They are:
1) Continue to Annapurna Circuit Trek
2) Continue to Tilicho Lake plus Annapurna Circuit
3) Back to Besisahar via Tilicho Lake
4) Trek to Tilicho and back to Besisahar
So according to your holidays time and interest you do extend or shorten Nar Phu trek .
How difficult is Nar Phu Valley Trek ?
High altitude walk over the weeks as well as steep ascents, narrow Kang La Pass this trek is considered as challenging trek. Limited lodge on the far distance, it will be not flexible compared to the popular trail.
Mostly you should follow an itinerary to checkout from trail at the mentioned time period. So for the beginner’s trekkers, it will be hard whereas for those who have previous trekking experience it will be suitable.
What types of Accommodation and meals we can get on this route
Since Nar Phu has recently opened a remote mountain route, teahouse and their meals (food) are on the way to improvements. The Teahouse on this route is the basis as well as food items you will not get as Annapurna Circuit trail. Point to be noted, in Nar Phedi, accommodation is in the Monastery for that night.
How much is the permit cost ?
September to November you should pay 90 USD per person for a Week . But from December to August, it cost 75 USD per person for a Week. This permit price was the standard price for Nar Phu determined by the Nepal government.
When is the best time to visit ?
Needless to Say, September to November is the best season to do Nar Phu Trek. Only mid winter time we can not accomplish Kangla Pass. More often to say, during wintertime because of snow, it’s risky to walk on the narrow trail of the trek.
Though the rainy season it’s difficult to get to the entry point of the NVT trek due to landslides, after entering Nar Phu Area we can do this trek.
March to May is also a good season to explore Nar Valley.
Package Name: Nar Phu Valley Trek
You can send your inquiry via the form below