Everest Base Camp Trek Distance
by Jayaram Thapaliya · Updated July 21, 2020
The total distance of most popular Everest Base Camp Trek is 130 km which will start from Lukla and ends also in Lukla.
Those who have previous trekking or hiking experience, EBC trek distance from Kathmandu is not so far. The 138km distance you’ll cross by plane to get to the gateway of Everest(Lukla) whereas Lukla Everest Base Camp 65km and Base Camp to Lukla 65km is not so far.
Excluding rest day on our 14 days standard Everest Base Camp Trek, we will trek mainly 9 days. So the average walk of Each day during Everest Trek is 9km(135km/9days) per day.
If you go through a trekking agency, mostly they provide porters in the trekking package in order to carry the guest backpack. So in my opinion without a heavy pack, a 9km walk is not a difficult journey even though it’s high altitude trekking.
How many kilometers we should walk each day during Everest Base Camp Trek?
- 01 Day : Arrive in Kathmandu
- 02 Day :Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- 03 Day : 9 km Trekking (Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and trek to Phakding 4 hours)
- 04 Day : 12 km(Phakding to Namche Bazaar 6 hours )
- 05 Day : NA ( Acclimatization day)
- 06 Day : 11 km (Namche Bazaar to Tengboche 6 hours)
- 07 Day : 12 km (Tengboche to Dingboche 7 hours)
- 08 Day : NA (Rest Day)
- 09 Day : 12 km (Dingboche to Lobuche 6 hours)
- 010 Day : 8 km ( Lobuche to Gorak Shep 4 hours)
- 011 Day : 22 km (Gorak Shep to EBC and back to Dingboche 8 hours)
- 012 Day : 24 km (Dingboche to Namche Bazaar 9 hours)
- 013 Day : 21 km (Namche Bazaar to at Lukla)
- 014 Day : 138km (Lukla to Kathmandu 45 minutes)
There are several ways to get Everest Base Camp to see Everest Base Camp. The distance of Everest Base Camp Hike depends on the Starting point and Ending Point of the trek.
Mainly your duration of holidays decides how much distance that you should walk each day. If EBC trek length is 14 days there should be 9 days trek and averagely 15km a day trekkers should walk.